Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rumparooz & Other New Fluffy Stash

Visiting Healthy Heiny's 
Today I went to visit a new (to me) cloth diaper store in my area. I was looking for Rumparooz cloth diapers, because, they look really great online. Here's a video I found of them:


Those double gussets look awesome, huh? And there are more prints than a bumGenius or Fuzzibunz, and I love prints.

So, with the double gussets I wanted to try the Rumparooz, and I needed to see them in person, before I just purchased online. Even though videos and pictures are nice, there's just something about feeling the fabric, checking out easily the snaps work, and running your hand over the inner layer to see how soft it will feel on your baby's bum, right?

When I first got to the store, I almost lost it when I found the Rumparooz diaper covers first, I thought, oh great, I've come all this way (20 minutes, haha) and they just have covers :( then I turned around and found the pocket diapers. They didn't have the brand new prints I wanted, but they did have the kangaroos print, so that was good enough for me. I grabbed it, slipped off the cardboard around it, and started inspecting.

On the outside:
Beautiful fabric, nice branding tag on the bum, cute snaps (with kangaroos on them), and loads of snaps, because they have 4 sizes (yay!!) The snaps are nice too, brand new, shiny, and easy to click into place.

On the inside, sooo soft. The inner gussets are beautiful, and it just looks like it will be so nice on the bum. I'm not sure what the fabric is.

The pocket: I do not really like microfiber inserts, they work well, but everything seems to get on them. We have a lot of them from other diapers and while these might not necessarily be microfiber, they must be some kind of micro, because a wood chip from the shelf was already sticking to it.

I'd much prefer the hemp inserts, but she wasn't able to switch them out. I didn't want to pay another $10 per diaper for them. There are some stores online you can switch them out, and pay the difference, so in the future, I may do this.

The insert is very cool though, and beats just about every other inserts butt! It comes in a style to use it in 6 different ways, based on size and sex of your baby. Great protection, at least I am hoping, but it seems like it would make a big difference.

Now we still have to prep them, but I can't wait to use them. We also bought an Osocozy all in one, size Large, and it's just like a regular diaper. There is no flap on the inside, and it's very thin, so I'm excited to see how this works out.

As far as the store goes, if you live in my area and get a chance to check it out, please do. The owner was there, with her mom and babies, and was really nice. They offered help probably 3 times, and were telling me about different products they have. They are doing a used cloth diaper sale on the 18th of this month, and making donations to Great Change. 

Whims & Doodles
After Healthy Heiny's we ran over to Whims & Doodles so that I could use my gift certificates from Christmas shopping there. I had $60 to use up. They only have a handful of cloth diapers, Flip, Econobum, bumGenius, Fuzzibunz, Thirsties. I love seeing the newborn diapers though, both stores had some.

I love this store because they have a LOT of the cool products I see online. Yesterday I saw the Lawn drying rack for dishes, and they had that, and they had these cool bead necklaces (forgot the name), made of silicone, for the baby to play with and chew on for teething, or while nursing. I'm not a jewelry mom, but I considered grabbing one for him.

Here I ended up getting 2 bumGenius pocket diapers in dark blue. I love the color, it looks great on the baby. I also got him 6 pairs of socks by Striderite because they don't come off easy, and he would lose socks all the time if we didn't use these.

I had hoped to find other teething toys for him, but didn't see anything else that I loved. I know I'll visit both stores again, because I love getting new things NOW, not waiting for them in the mail. And I highly recommend hooking up with your local store to find new diapers to check out. I love this for a few reasons:

  • Get the product right NOW
  • Check it out BEFORE you buy it
  • Help a local family (great feeling)

No comments:

Post a Comment