Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Featured Blog: From Manager to Mom


Hi! My name is Kristy, and I'm a 30-something Project Manager turned Proud Mama from Ontario, Canada. I am married to my best friend and soulmate, Chris, and we have one daughter named Starryn Elora who was born in November, 2010. We love curling, travel and international cuisine, all of which we hope to share with our children as they grow up!

I began blogging in September 2010 when I was 7 months pregnant, as a way to document my pregnancy and me and my husband's subsequent adventures into parenthood. My main motivation back then was to have a memento of this special time in our lives, to enjoy later and share with our little one(s). I also thought it would be a good way to hone my writing skills while off on my year of mat leave. Little did I know that it would provide satisfaction in other ways, from helping friends with diapering challenges to connecting with dozens of other great bloggin' mommies to opening up the oh-so-addictive world of online giveaways!

Those closest to me know that when I develop a penchant for something, I dive into it with gusto and become borderline obsessive. :) Blogging has definitely fallen into that category for me. In addition to my regular posts about motherhood and our daughter's development, I use this outlet to write about my other recent infatuations including cloth diapering, saving time and money, product reviews and giveaways! I've also started up a weekly feature called "Memorable Monday" in which I highlight posts from other blogs which really resonated with me for one reason or another (for example, they may have been particularly hilarious, touching or insightful.) Finally, I may expand my blog to include favourite recipes in the future as well.

A few more miscellaneous tidbits about me:
* I would consider myself mildly to moderately crunchy. Aside from the aforementioned cloth diapering, I believe in natural, unmedicated birth, I compost and recycle, I clean with vinegar and I'm into buying and selling used items.

* I LOATHE clutter. So is it, then, understandable or ironic that I love the show Hoarders?

* I was one of the picked on kids when I was little, due to being skinny and having buck teeth. Kids are cruel, and cruelty really does develop deep roots. I still struggle with social self esteem issues from time to time to this day.

* I'm somewhat perfectionistic. This can be both a boon and a hindrance. It served me well as a Project Manager (for the most part) and sets me up for success when it comes to important goals, but it also slows me down when it comes to non-crucial tasks. Blogging, for example. I need to learn that good enough is often good enough!

* In opposition to the previous point, I'm chronically late for things. Y'know how someone will do something undesirable or strange and you say "Ah well, that's just [insert name here]"? Well, being late is My Thing. I'm getting a bit better but still have a long way to go!
If I've piqued your interested, you can check out my blog here and/or follow me on Facebook or Twitter. I love connecting with other blogging mamas & papas!


Would you like to have your cloth-diapering themed blog featured in our free blog spotlight? If so, contact us to discuss the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment